Friday, April 13, 2018

The Department of Mysteries: In Which Favorites Are Revisited


Long time no ink.  But a kind soul (this means you, Scooby!) at Fountain Pen Geeks has revived the Great Mystery Ink Extravaganza, and I was lucky enough to get on board.  MI 14 turned out to be blue.  This was fortunate.  Dr. Inkenstein likes blue.

Ur scribblz, I haz demz:

 

This was Rhodia paper, and the ink delivery system was a Dollar Demonstrator used for countless ink tests.  

This particular ink seemed to start hard after I had loaded and left it on its side for a couple of hours, but it wrote with a fairly suave and slinky manner.

I started to guess:  Sailor Jentle Blue also has red sheen, but MI 14 probably isn't this; I have JB in a JinFari at the moment, and the Jentle ink looks darker. This is a bright blue that looks denim-y in heavier application.

Is it a Robert Oster ink? I'm pretty unfamiliar with the line, apart from some pen pal letters.

Diamine Blue Velvet got on my fingers, too, every time I used it. Clearly, though I loved its properies and color, that ink hated me.

Mystery Ink 14 turned out to be.....Akkerman Shocking Blue. Which I already had.   So why couldn't I guess right?

No comments:

Post a Comment