Monday, February 1, 2016

Turquoise: In Which Dr. Inkenstein Asks, Which Sky's The Limit?

Dr. Iinkenstein is admittedly ink-fussy. This one is too thick. This one is too dry. But is there one that's 'just right?'

After complaining I was unable to tell one turquoise ink from another without a score card, I tested a few...well, all...of my turquoise inks. Although two of them, the Iroshizuku Ama-Iro and the Diamine Steel Blue, were mere sample vials.

All the tests except those two were done with a glass dip pen. The Steel Blue was loaded in a Dollar Demonstrator. And even though I have MORE than enough Turquoise inks,the Ama-Iro has such wonderful flow properties when tested in a Metro Retro that I may spring for a bottle.

The Pelikan swab looks much darker than it should because I took it from the cap, where it had partially dried, but it also displays the most sheen of any turquoise ink tested. Sparkle, even! 

The Souten seems bluest, the Steel Blue greenest. The Ku-Jaku is indescribable and undefinable.  The paper: Rhodia Ice.




Still can't decide on a favorite.

Signed,
Goldilocks

No comments:

Post a Comment